Having declared ‘2022 – The Year of Poitín’ we have decided to run a competition to help promote poitín as a premium spirit for quality cocktails.
Pangur Poitín, that you will use for the competition, has been developed with the cocktail makers of today in mind.
So, are you a budding mixologist or looking to add to your experienced repertoire of cocktails, and want to win £500 in cash? Then this is the competition for you!
Entry opens Wednesday 29th September 2022 and closes
Sunday 16th October – 9am Tuesday 18th October.
The ten finalists will be announced on Friday 21st October and be notified via email. They will need to submit their video of the cocktail by midday Friday 4th November.
The in person final will take place on Friday 11th November.
Open to residents on the island of Ireland and mainland UK who are over 18 years old.
Competition: Terms & Conditions
The competition will be split into three stages:
- Complete the form below to be in with a chance of getting shortlisted.
- Ten finalists will be chosen and will be sent a bottle of Pangur Poitín to make a cocktail of their invention and name
- Learning from current industry cocktails is acceptable
- Please consider cocktails that are not very complicated or that can be toned down to a more simplistic manner.
- You will need to make a video of you making the cocktail which will be sent to our highly experienced judges – Nathan Evans and Chris Hennessey
- Two finalists will be selected to compete in person making their cocktail for the judges who will then decide who the overall winner is.
The Entry Stage for the Competition has now Closed. Thank you to everyone that entered and Good Luck.